Wednesday 18 January 2017

Writing across KS1 today

I really enjoyed visiting the KS1 class rooms today to see what they were up to.

Their Arctic theme has been fully embraced and the children have been enjoying exploring a wonderful book called The Snow Globe Family. This was being used as a basis for their own writing in some classes, in which the children were exploring what they would like to do and see if they lived in a snow globe. As ever they were very enthusiastic to tell me their ideas and I really enjoyed listening to their creativity.

Of course they finally asked me what I would do in a snow globe, my response was to say that I would enjoy making as many snow angels as possible and find a tree that I could turn into a Christmas tree all year round!





In other classes the challenges were slightly different, not so much about snow but instead the challenge to master their knowledge of alphabetical order and the definition of words. Lots of paper, scissors and glue in action, but they were all willing to take on the challenge.